Friday, June 24, 2011

Okay, so It's Been a While...

I heard from a reader today.  I didn't really realize I had readers!  Okay, so I lie.  I know I've got readers, otherwise I wouldn't keep getting comments.  For those of you have left comments, thank you!  You're wonderful!  That's part of the reason bloggers write, don't you think?  It's not just about the ego.  Yes, it's nice to know that someone out there is touched by what I write, but it's also an outlet for me.  The things I write here are things I can't let out anywhere else, aside from in certain societies, of course.

This reader today messaged me on Fetlife.  Yes, I'm on Fet, but I guess that shouldn't be surprising.  Who isn't? Okay, if you're not, then maybe you should be!  In some ways it keeps me sane.  I don't feel so strange when I can connect with people who have similar likes and interests.  I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have that.  It can feel so lonely in a world that's filled with other moms, because that's what you see a lot of when you're a mom.  When you're a part of the homeschool community and all of your friends are into sustainable living, organic foods, and sometimes vegetarianism it feels like I'm lost in some kind of hippie paradise, but at the same time, it's a special kind of hell.  It's disconnected from this other part of myself.  Don't get me wrong, I love the other half of my life, but I've found it...I don't know, somehow lacking?

I know, I know...  There's a huge overlap between the earthy-crunchy part of the world and the fetish/kink community.  There are plenty of parents who are into that kind of thing.  I'm sure I could find plenty of people who would fit both needs, but it's hard to get out there and meet people.  It's hard to put myself out there knowing the way people look at those who are kinky and poly.  Those sorts of things can get your kids taken away.  Don't believe me?  I've known people it's happened to...

I guess what I'm saying is I'm glad I've found an outlet.  I'm glad I've found a place for me, where I can meet new people, network, and share interests with my friends.  The fetish/kink community has brought some truly wonderful people into my life, and I don't know what I would do without them.  Some of them have been lifesavers (literally), some of them have been wonderful support.  Some of them have just been fantastic people who always give me a reason t smile.  Yes, there's sometimes drama, but you find that everywhere.

Hopefully I'm going to be more inspired to write again.  With my recent push to become a part of the community again, I'm hoping that I can find more reason to write.  I don't really benefit from writing here in any tangible way, and I think that's half the problem with keeping me inspired.  It's easier to do something when you have incentive, you know?  I don't make money off the blog.  I'm not getting work as a result of my blog.  I'm not getting any kick-backs from advertising or anything else.  I just write because I've got something on my mind.  I guess that's what's given to the sporadic nature of this blog.

Anyhow, it's late.  I'm not necessarily making any sense.  I'm just babbling.  That probably means it's time to head off to do something else, like that strange thing called sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment